You may lose your self-confidence if you realize that you no longer smile as much due to stained or discolored teeth. That said, with a few straightforward methods and lifestyle modifications, stained teeth may become a thing of the past.
Why Did My Teeth Become Discolored?
There are a variety of reasons for tooth enamel discoloration. Some causes are under our control, while others are not. You have power over your eating and lifestyle choices. You have little influence over the aging process, injuries to a permanent tooth, required medications, or hereditary diseases, all of which may contribute to discolored teeth.
Is There a Correlation between My Diet and My Tooth Discoloration?
Although many people are unaware of it, the meals and drinks people consume greatly impact how white their teeth are. Their late-night drink of red wine and their morning coffee, as well as the following, can seriously damage their tooth enamel:
Due to their high sugar content, some of the world’s best meals are also some of the worst for the enamel on your teeth.
Dark-Colored Meals and Drinks
Whether you enjoy dark red wine or blueberries, eating or drinking anything dark can stain your teeth and make them appear less white. They will also stain your teeth if they stain your skin.
After ingesting foods and beverages with a dark tint, make sure to clean and floss your teeth completely. Only rinsing with water won’t do. For the best results, you need your toothpaste’s somewhat abrasive effect.
Gum and sweets are largely composed of sugar, which can harm the enamel on teeth and result in cavities.
Fruit juice, energy drinks, sports drinks, and sodas are all high in sugars and acids that can damage your teeth’s white enamel and give them a darker appearance.
You don’t have to give up all of your favorite foods and drinks just to get whiter teeth. Just take preventive measures to lessen their impact on your tooth enamel.
What Do I Have to Do to Prevent Dental Discoloration?
- Use tooth-whitening toothpaste.
- Brush and floss after every snack or meal.
- Get immediate help if you’re experiencing dental issues.
- Immediately after ingesting dark-colored beverages, rinse well with plain water.
The best approach to avoid dental discoloration is to take preventative measures.
Which Are the Lifestyle Habits That Will You Avoid Tooth Discoloration?
You don’t even need to drastically alter your lifestyle to get whiter teeth. Popular strategies for preventing tooth discoloration include the following:
- Use kits for at-home whitening.
- Use toothpaste that whitens teeth. Although it takes longer than a tooth-whitening procedure, it can help eliminate certain minor stains before they grow larger.
- Undergo a professional whitening procedure. The treatments from your dentist will be faster and more effective than those you do at home. They’ll also deliver more reliable outcomes. Inquire about one of the at-home kits that some dentists provide as they utilize the same things they do.
- Make a dental appointment. Talk about your objectives and request a recommendation.
- Ask your dentist about crowns or veneers that can disguise stains that won’t budge to treatment.
Tooth discoloration can be caused by a number of factors, including aging, smoking, and drinking coffee and tea. While many treatments are available for it, the most effective approach depends on the underlying cause.
Be sure to speak to your dentist about the best treatment options for you if you are still unsure of what to do next.
If you are looking for an institution that specializes in teeth whitening in Oro Valley, look no further than our services here at Oro Valley Dental Arts. We are here for all your dental needs, including dental hygiene, Invisalign, dental crowns, family dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, dental veneers, dental implants, and teeth whitening. Call us today to book your very first teeth whitening appointment with us.